Your car’s suspension is designed to be very tough, but not indestructible. Driving on gravel with bumps or potholes, braking hard, off-roading, and negligible car maintenance will tend to weaken it over time. Once that happens, then your comfort, and safety — becomes very much compromised.
Your car has its own ways of telling you when something’s wrong. And it shouldn’t be hard to miss if you’re paying attention.
Warning signs of possible unsafe Suspension:
- When braking the vehicle nose dives (leans forward).
- When accelerating your vehicle seems to lean back.
- When taking corners or turning, your vehicle rolls or leans to the side further than anticipated.
- Your vehicle has an overall harsh, bouncy or rough ride.
- Vehicle weight is no longer distributed evenly.
- Hearing noises from the corners of your vehicle.
- Irregular tread wear on tyres. (This can also be caused by Unbalanced or Misaligned Wheels)
- Oil or Moisture forming/leaking around Shock Absorbers.
Come in to Tyreright Pakenham today for a Full Steering & Suspension Safety Check.
Call us on (03) 5940 9582 to arrange a check-up or make a booking online via the form on this page.
4WD/SUV Suspension Upgrades
Why we use Tough Dog Suspension
Setting up a 4WD suspension system isn’t all about the added gains on the tape measure. Tough Dog products are specifically designed and engineered to deliver a complete suspension solution, not only for off road clearance, but for ride quality, handling and load carrying capabilities as well.
Tyreright Pakenham provides the ability to create a tailored suspension package that can transform your vehicle, regardless of how you use it. Tough Dog have developed a product to suit just about every possible application. In most vehicles, we offer multiple shock and spring options to fine tune every aspect of a particular package as well as a range of other specialised and optional accessories.
Setting up your vehicle’s suspension can be a mine-field of pitfalls, misinformation and wrong turns. The largest consideration is always the weight carried, and it’s often the undoing of a well put together vehicle. When it comes to getting yours kitted out, it certainly pays to speak to a Tough Dog distributor to discuss your specific needs.